Board of Directors:
Gary Pritsch - President
David Bell - Vice President
Martha Lindvall - Treasurer
Diane Porterfield - Secretary Sharon Carr - Director
Dr. Jim Ott - Director
Diane Jones - Director
James Meredith - Director
Cheryl Standing - Director
Click on this link to view Committee Chairmen & Liaisons for 2013-2014: Committee Chairmen & Liasons
Diamondhead offers property owners and residents an excellent opportunity to contribute to the welfare of the community through its various committees. These functions can also provide an excellent vehicle to meet your neighbors. Take some time to investigate each committee and if you think you would be interested in serving on one or more, please call the DPOA Office at (501) 262-4470.
- ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE (ACC):
- BEAUTIFICATION COMMITTEE
- COMMUNITY STANDARDS COMMITTEE
- FACILITIES COMMITTEE
- FINANCE COMMITTEE
- FOCUS COMMITTEE
- GOLF COMMITTEE
- LONG RANGE PLANNING
- PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
- PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
- RECREATION COMMITTEE
- ROADS & RIGHTS OF WAY COMMITTEE
- SOCIAL COMMITTEE
- UTILITIES AND PROPERTY COMMITTEE
- WILDLIFE COMMITTEE
- YOUTH COMMITTEE
ARCHITECTURAL CONTROL COMMITTEE:
Reviews plans and approves plans submitted for new home construction, repair, improvement, etc. Monitors major lot preparation activity of any type, including, but not limited to clearing, landscaping, logging, and septic preparation (where necessary). The Committee's duties include:
- To review plans for approval under the specifications of the Southern Building Code Congress.
- To assure the Bill of Assurance specifications are enforced.
- To provide inspection of the home construction at intervals as set forth in the Guidelines.
- To maintain adequate records of all funds received and turned over to the DPOA office.
- To keep the Board of Directors and General Manager informed of the committee actions.
- Conduct activities as prescribed.
Works in conjunction with the General Manager, Board of Directors and other committees to implement beautification and environmental projects throughout the community including:
- Landscape design and planting around buildings, the golf course and private areas.
- Suggesting and working with the exterior design of community buildings.
- Responsible for the front entrance seasonal decorations.
COMMUNITY STANDARDS COMMITTEE:
Advises the Board of Directors and General Manager in regard to resident complaints concerning nuisance and untidiness. Investigates and independently confirms their validity. Assures compliance consistent with the DPOA Bill of Assurance and related DPOA rules and regulations in effect. The Committee's duties include:
- Follow procedures for enforcement detailed in appropriate DPOA Rules and Regulations.
- Accept complaints only from the General Manager.
- Form subcommittees of no less than two people to investigate each complaint.
- Report findings regarding the validity of complaints only to the General Manager.
- Provide follow-up information to the General Manager concerning the status and completion of corrections.
Advises and recommends to the Board of Directors and the General Manager upgrades, maintenance schedules and other action related to buildings, utilities, equipment, etc. The Committee's duties include:
- Evaluation as to the condition of these facilities to include, but not limited to, building structure, electrical., plumbing, equipment, etc.
- To assist in determining priority items for upgrades, maintenance, repair, replacement, etc.
- To make recommendations regarding innovative options for accomplishing needs such as volunteer work, donations, fund raising, etc.
- Receive and review all project requests. The Facilities Committee is responsible to log in the request in a permanent file. It will then take the appropriate and specific action as outlined in the project order flow chart.
Works in conjunction with the General Manager and Treasurer to prepare and monitor the annual budget and to advise in regard to financial and budgetary matters including:
- Format for reporting to membership.
FOCUS COMMITTEE/PR COMMITTEE:
- Work with other committees relating to expenses and revenues.
Advises the Board of Directors and General Manager, in regard to, and publishing a positive public image through the Focus magazine. The Committee's duties include:
- To advise the Board of Directors and General Manager on filling the position of Editor of the Diamondhead Focus.
- To aid the Editor in gathering information for publication in the Focus.
- To assist the Editor, in any way, to assure a timely publication of the Focus.
- To promote a positive image of The Diamondhead Community through the reporting of activities and programs deemed “newsworthy”, through the Focus.
- To avoid any/all negative images of Diamondhead caused by negative or controversial articles or editorials.
- To be aware that the Focus is a publication paid for, endorsed by, and therefore must be approved by the DPOA (either by the liaison Board member or his/her designated representative).
Recommends to the Board of Directors, General Manager and/or other existing committees, actions that would better the golf course, maintenance equipment, pro shop, golf carts and other matters relating to the golfing community. The Golf Committee will be composed of:
- Two (2) members of the Men’s Golf Association.
- Two (2) members of the Women’s Golf Association (1 member representing the 9-Hole group, 1 member representing the 18-Hole group.
LONG RANGE PLANNING
- Five (5) at-large members to be selected by the Chairperson and the liaison Board member.
Advises the Board of Directors and General Manager in regard to items for long range planning. The Committee's duties include:
- To recommend to the Board of Directors and the General Manager and/or existing committees action that would further the growth and development of The Diamondhead Community.
- To study and advise on long range needs and services.
- To function as a leadership group through coordination of concerns and efforts of all residents of The Diamondhead Community.
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE:
- To develop a long range planning document on a 3-year, 5-year, and 10-year basis to be submitted to the DPOA Board of Directors and to be updated annually.
Advises the Board of Directors and General Manager in regard to the development and implementation of a strategy for the promotion of The Diamondhead Community and to institute a public information program emphasizing the lifestyles and amenities available throughout the community. The Committee's duties include:
- Establish mechanisms for the distribution of information and materials to visitors and prospective lot and home purchasers.
- Develop and maintain The Diamondhead Community Web Site.
- Develop information vehicles for the promotion of Diamondhead amenities.
- Maintain relations with Chambers of Commerce in Hot Springs and Malvern.
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE:
- Develop promotional items, programs, and packages.
Advises the Board of Directors and General Manager in regard to matters concerning the Public Safety. The Committee's duties include:
- Provide community input regarding security matters.
- Recommend to the Board of Directors and the General Manager needed policy changes that would affect the security of Diamondhead.
- Implement the Red Cross Disaster Plan.
- Recommend and implement specific programs to benefit the community.
- Provide information to the community.
Advises the Board of Directors and General Manager in regard to the needs of the Recreation Committee. The Committee's duties include:
- To recommend to the Board of Directors, General Manager, and other committees, the needs and improvements necessary to enhance the physical recreational facilities of The Diamondhead Community.
ROADS & RIGHTS OF WAY COMMITTEE:
- To work with other committees and groups interested in improving the facilities to enhance greater participation and usage of the pool, tennis/basketball courts, picnic pavilion, playground, and other public recreational areas of the community.
Advises the Board of Directors, General Manager, and/or other committees, actions that would better The Diamondhead Community road and street system. The Committee's duties include:
- Purchases of road equipment.
- Road and street maintenance.
- Priority of street paving.
- Assistance in preparing road department budget.
- Informing the General Manager of needed road repairs that have been brought to the committee’s attention.
Advises the Board of Directors and General Manager, and General Manager in regard to the needs and desires of the residents for social activities. The Committee's duties include:
- To recommend to the Board of Directors, General Manager and other committees, activities for the benefit and enjoyment of the members of the community.
- To work with the management of the Country Club regarding activities to better utilize the facilities of The Diamondhead Community.
UTILITIES AND PROPERTY COMMITTEE:
- To recommend physical and social needs of the Country Club.
Advises the Board of Directors and the General Manager in regard to The Diamondhead Community Utility and Property matters. The Committee's duties include:
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Board of Directors and the General Manager regarding matters dealing with utilities and other matters related to the Developer/Grantor (DRC) and the property of The Diamondhead Community.
- To Receive and review related matters and requests for appropriate action.
Advises the Board of Directors and the General Manager on the management of wildlife throughout the community. Seeks ways to improve the health and welfare of the various wildlife species found in the community.
Plans and organizes special events, parties, youth activities and fundraisers for the children and teenagers of Diamondhead.